Thursday, April 26, 2012

Neville Brody Graphic Designer:






Neville Brody is a British graphic designer and is considerd one of the best of his generation, also he is typographer, art director and brand strategist. The reason I picked Brody was simply because of the vast amount of type work he has done and the diversity of this. He went to london college of printing and made his way through the industry and caught a lot of viewers by his record cover designs and the involvement in the music scene the the early 1980's.
Another reason the diversity sticks out to me of his work is simply because how well his work is presented. furthermore the purpose of each design. Each design is different but reminds me a lot of Olly Moss's work due to the simplicity of it.
Some of the places Brody has worked for are city limits, lei, Per Lui, London's observer newspaper.

Below are some of 27 fonts he has created

Broody, N. Untitled fonts 


Each font of his is very different and can be used commericaly. Below are some other pieces of his work which out to me the most.







The reason I picked these four as my favourite designs of his is simply because of the complexity and strength of the image. I personally love his typographic faces as they are both different and makes myself want to make one.
As an overall designer and typographic designer I feel he is very strong and successful in what he does, he own created fonts are clean, concise however still not boring to look at. A lot of his work has helped me before for such parts as layout and colour contrastment and in the future will help alot.


Broody, N. Untitled fonts [onlne] available at:
http://www.fontshop.com/fonts/designer/neville_brody/
(accessed on 24th Apil)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment