Thursday, April 26, 2012

Issac Cordal.


Issac Cordal is a sculpturist from london, he caught my eye whilst trying to do my photography degree course of looking at a certain perspective of society today. His work is miniature street art and his figures are made out cement. His work is a lot similar to slinkachu however I feel Cordal's work gives off a stronger means and is adaptable.
Issac Cordal hasn't just done one series of his work but many all over the world. “Many will miss these miniature life scenes, but for those that do discover them, it brings a little intrigue to our fast-paced lives.” This was one of the main parts that made me realise what his work was about and how his figures enhance his type of work. 
His work is inspiring not just because it helped myself but mostly because it is a great and eye catching approach to messge sending. He has been making these cement since 2002 and first placed them in the street of a city called vigo in 2006.



Cordal, I. Untitled 1
Cordal, I. Untitled 2
Cordal, I. Untitled 3
Cordal, I. Untitled 4
Cordal, I. Untitled 5

 This is some of his work which he placed in a exibition together. It represents society today and how people are percieved today. In each photo it tells a unique story but works well as a collabration of artwork. 


Cordal, I. Untitled 5
 
 This is one of my favourite pieces just simply because of the message it convies. The image is simple but also I feel gives off many meanings, these could be feeling trapped with feelings  religious views and how it is pushed onto some people.


Cordal, I. Untitled 1, Cordal, I. Untitled 2, Cordal, I. Untitled 3, Cordal, I. Untitled 4 amd Cordal, I. Untitled 5 [online] available at:

http://twistedsifter.com/2011/06/miniature-cement-sculptures-street-art-by-isaac-cordal-25-pics/
(accessed on 24th April 2012)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment