Sunday, April 22, 2012

Olly Moss, Graphic Designer.

 Olly moss is a illustrator and graphic designer. The reason for choosing him for a influence of my own is simple because is work is fun, creative and inspiring. By Olly Moss's work being fun and working on something that means something to him it creates a strong image and allows him to show himself off as a artist and portray his thoughts and how he feels.
When I look through Moss's work I get puzzled and intreged about how he managed to create to have a thought process to end up like that.
Olly Moss's work has consistent but constantly changes in style of design. He covers a wide range of topics and incorporates many ideologies in each.

This is olly moss's Flickr. When looking through he work it gets me lost, time goes and my mind works. A lot of his work is just him doodling, by him even putting these on flickr it shows every piece of work has a point. 


 
“I redrew the original three starting Pokemon to better fit with the Pikachu I doodled earlier this month”


Moss, O. Untitled 1(2012)
 
“I worked with Studio Ghibli and Mondo to create these two posters for one of my favourite movies. I still can’t quite believe this, it’s such a huge honour.” 


Moss, O. Untitled 2 (2011)

















Moss, O. Untitled 3 (2012)

The reason this for being one of my favourite designs is because I feel he has taken the Live, Laugh, love but been able to incorporate it into something completely different and give it off in a different format and this is what I meant by simplistic designs. The colours throughout his work contrast each other well and are bold but are soft. 
When I look at this type of graphic I feel it tries to show equality by showing the black and white ford intwined with eachother, furthermore I feel this is enhanced by having the word "Pray" because a lot of people pray for equality.









Moss, O. Untitled 1(2012) [online] avalible at:
http://www.moss.fm/
(accessed 25th April 2012)


Moss, O. Untitled 2(2012) [online] avalible at:http://www.moss.fm/
(accessed 25th April 2012)



Moss, O. Untitled 2(2012) [online] avalible at:http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1608&bih=863&tbm=isch&tbnid=MCcUZxMji_O9kM:&imgrefurl=http://www.empireonline.com/features/2010/olly-moss/&docid=7lu3UxTb67unaM&imgurl=http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/2010/olly-moss/eatpreylove_small.jpg&w=255&h=388&ei=OaCaT6GQNJTZ8QOew8CaDw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=152&sig=111801206473779813921&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=96&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0,i:115&tx=57&ty=79
(accessed 25th April 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment